Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Diet Modifications & Cooking Tilapia

I'm a nerd.  A pretty big nerd. 

Last night during my training session, Natasha informed me that she'd just completed my diet modifications to help me reach my goals.

Picture this: I was in the middle of doing a modified push up/squat thing with dumbbells.  As I jumped back up into a squat, she told me this.  I got so excited that I said something like, "Yess!!!" and completely overshot my squat and fell forward.  I busted out laughing; yes, I'm a nerd.  This is what I love.


Changes

I've seen some changes in the few short weeks that I've been with Natasha.  My winged hips are getting a little less winged; I think it would take a bigger gust of wind to make me fly now.  And... my abs!!  There is something firming up under my tummy skin!  The other day I was laying in bed, I rested my hand on my stomach and was literally shocked at what I felt there!  I'd skipped the ab workouts in my routine before a whole lot.  My goodness, I love these changes!

A Lot of it's in the Diet

By diet, I don't mean salads all the time.  Nor do I mean Lean Cuisines.  But a lot of the loss of my body fat is attributed to how I'm eating.


It's a lifestyle, really.  It's about eating grilled chicken or fish instead of pasta or pizza.  It's about eating green beans, broccoli, spinach and asparagus; and making choices like brown rice and sweet potatoes instead of chips, or oats instead of cereal.  And incorporating a well-balanced, lean shake for my snacks.

Cooking Tilapia

One of my favorite things to eat is tilapia.  It's super lean, crammed full of protein and yummy!  I've never had it taste fishy with how I usually prepare it, and since I've been asked many times how I do prepare it, I took the following video last night.  (Please forgive the way I look; we had just taken the dogs out for a run!)  It's pretty simple. 



Regardless of what you do, remember that you're going to see your best, long-lasting results when you make the choice to make it a lifestyle change.  It's not one decision that fixes any weight issues, rather it's the decisions we make every day about the things that we are putting in our mouths that can either help your feel better or worse, and look better or worse. 

Start small.  Find healthy things that you like and incorporate them into your diet.  Slowly branch out.  You'll be so glad you did.

=) Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment