Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ready, Set... Oh Poot!

I'm scared.  Super scared.  Anxious?  Most definitely.  Curious, too.  Pretty excited, yes.  But without a doubt, scared. 

This Saturday marks day 1 of my 90 day challenge. 

Yah.  Exactly.  If you already know what my challenge is, you know why I'm scared.  Or maybe the better statement would be if you know who my challenger is, then you're scared for me.

My Challenger


Trainers Natasha Reyes and Mary Hobbs
Trainers Natasha Reyes and Mary Hobbs

Professional athlete and fitness trainer Natasha Reyes (shown here on the left) is going to be kicking my tail into shape over the next 90 days.  She has a personal training studio in League City, Fitt Life Fitness.  Last Saturday, August 25, Kayla and I went for the first time and attended one of her Saturday morning Toning Insanity classes.  Oh. My. Word.  The woman is hardcore; she ain't playin!  As I mentioned in my previous post about the class on Saturday, I almost lost the yummy chocolate chip Nutra Cookie I'd eaten on the way to the class that morning all over the place, many times throughout the 30-40 minutes session.  A couple of times while I was there she commented that I looked really fit and asked if I competed.  I told her that I carry my body fat in my (ahem) "lower region" and was more lean on top than most people, so it wasn't real.  We laughed but I don't think she was fooled... I'm betting she is totally upping her game on me.  Yikes!!

Initial Consultation

I went in for my initial consultation yesterday afternoon.  She asked about my diet, workout routine, etc. and we discussed my goals.  She explained her training methods and I am super scared but excited at the same time.  Natasha is kind, knowledgeable and motivated to help others reach their goals.  I am beyond excited about this!

Performance Test

Tomorrow is my performance test.  She is going to work every muscle in my body to find out what I can do and what my limitations currently are.  Then she will use that information in partnering us up during training. 

D-Day is Thursday, November 29, 2012.  Yep, one week exactly after Thanksgiving.  That means I can't binge over Turkey day.  SWEET!!

I'm pretty excited about all of this.  Here's to the next 90 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment